Friday, September 30, 2016

What I Learned September

PAPERWORK IS A KILLER

I have been filling out paperwork for my son. It is actually government paperwork at that . I have almost lost my mind.  I was going to post one of my snarky responses that I SO wanted to put on the form.  My son said it was INAPPROPRIATE.  I don't want to fax anything, I don't want to write in tiny letters in tiny boxes, I just don't want to. Nor do I want to think about doing any of those things. It reminds me of the quote from the movie, Say Anything.

don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that. - Say Anything

BINGE THINKING aka Ruminating

Another saying that could be used instead of ruminating.  Don't think too hard about it. See paperwork is a killer.

MOVING OTHER PEOPLE STUFF IS WAY BETTER THAN MOVING YOUR OWN STUFF

I helped my sister move.  I have decided that it is way less stressful to move other people's stuff.  It did want to make me want to purge some of my stuff.

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO PLAY TRUCKS AND CARS

I am back to doing before school care.  This year I am taking care of a 1st grader who is totally into trucks and cars.  I still know how to play that. Drawing your own car play mat on kraft paper is cheap and fun. Our driving map even has a Loch Ness Monster.



EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS CAN BE ENTERTAINING



My young charge I have in the morning has requested to watch this more times than I can count.  Mr DeMaio is pretty entertaining and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment