Saturday, July 2, 2016

Diary of a Mediocre Homemaker - Summer Household Management

Dear Diary

School is out. I feel a strong desire to lock myself inside my bedroom and not come out.  My boys would like nothing better than to be surrounded by screens all summer long.  I believe that is so they can't hear my voice. They are teens so they are hearing impaired.

Need some help to manage screens  check out this post at cool tech mom - Screen Time Management Solutions from Been There Done That Parents.  Over time I have used several different versions of those solutions but if you got older teens it is real hard to compel them.

I don't know about other stay at home mom's but I start out STRONG but as the summer gets going I get a," I don't care attitude."  I can't keep up the "RAH" attitude.  I saw this quote and I wrote it down.  It fits so perfectly.
I have a survivalists mentality to summer household management.  I want to have fun.  I lower my standards about just about everything related to household management.  I do expect people to do what I ask them to do and in return I try to give them a break about screens.

Notice the sign is crooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment