Tuesday, April 12, 2011

GeoCaching

On my Birthday in November, I asked for a kids GPS to do geocaching. My GPS is a geomate jr. Geocaching is basically a high tech treasure hunt with a handheld GPS. As someone put it, geocaching is using million dollar satellites to find a Tupperware box. I have been a long time fan of Letterboxing but there are lots more geocahces than Letterboxes in the area I live. Through letterboxing I have discovered some really neat out of way places. I thought geocaching would be a fun activity to do as a family. Thursday when we went to the Pacific Science Center we also found 1 geocache. Here is a picture near where we found the cache. It was by a huge rock tucked in by the Pacific Science Center. I had never noticed it before. We also met another lovely family doing the same thing. I love having the conversation, "Are you doing the same thing, we are doing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment