Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Risk in Progress

I decided as take a risk day to reupholster this old rocking chair as Nester's Take A Risk Day. I have been putting this off. My parents gave me this really comfy rocker. Well, I made a start. I decided to use our old bedroom drapes to reupholster this. Hey, I am cheap and I wasn't sure how this would turn out. The fabric on this piece almost looks like burlap. This turned into a rather big project. All the fabric was tacked on and hard to remove. We couldn't find our electric staple gun so we ended up purchasing another. My hubby decided we needed to do the back a different way.

So here is what we got done before we ran out of steam last night. It's a start. It wasn't as scary as I thought.

4 comments:

  1. Keep going - this is going to look great in that beige fabric! Love the "bones" of your rocker - what a pretty piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great so far! I love that chair! You're going to love the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am currently upholstering almost the same chair. Mine isn't a rocker but the shape, etc is the same! I am finding it is a huge learning curve to upholster around those arms, etc! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be curvy stick chair reupholstering week! I just went fabric shopping with my BFF to recover a chair she owns that looks very similar. Good luck! You're almost done :)

    ReplyDelete