Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookie Stockpile

You laugh at the title but everyone should have a cookie stockpile. The cookie stockpile saved my life on the Alcan Highway. Well maybe not that dramatic but people get cranky when they haven't eaten. It isn't like there is a 7-11 in the woods. It was great to whip out my cookie stash to share. I think the Holiday season is a time when we expect treats.

Today, I saw in our local paper they had the roundup of holiday cookie recipes. I like to bulk cook these or bulk freeze these treats/cookies. I usually do the prep over a couple of afternoons. I have found I am less stressed out when I do it this way. Plus as an added bonus, it is a great way to ration some treats so everyone doesn't over indulge. I wouldn't do that. It is also nice to have some cookies to hand out to share.

Here is my plan

2 batches of World's Best Cookies- chocolate/butterscotch . I will be freezing the dough in dough balls except for the 2 pans I expect to bake. These are the cookies I am most asked to make. (I ended up baking 3 pans and freezing the rest on Friday)

2 loaves banana bread. I will bake both loaves and freeze both loaves. I am still working on the banana farm in the freezer.

Snowflake cookies aka the Chocolate Crinkle Cookie. I will go ahead and bake .

mini donut muffins - these are the first time I have made these so if they taste good. I will go ahead and make another batch to freeze. I have a mini muffin pan I never use. I saw this recipe on cookie madness. So, I thought I would give it a shot.

sugar cut out cookies - My kids are going to do this with Grandma and Grandpa. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment