Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 3 of No School

*** This is my little editorial on the current teacher strike in my district. Skip if you don't want to hear about my feelings about the strike. I still support the teachers but I kinda feel a little bit like my kids education is being held hostage. The argument that striking is what is best for the kids isn't working with me. It would be best if my kids were in school learning. I am very disappointed in my district officials who I don't think are doing a very good job of working towards a solution until yesterday when they seriously started negotiations. They should of been doing this from the beginning perhaps this summer. Evidently this was a surprise to us, parents, not to the DISTRICT or the TEACHERS who knew a strike was a real possibility this fall. There is no school on Monday regardless if there is a contract or not.


Worked on Day 3 of the Lego Study. #1 Son didn't expend much energy on the activity. Chuckles was all over the activity. We made our own mosaics. #1 Son did his name which I won't show here. Chuckles on the other hand made a person on a skateboard with a sun. Later he added the Danish Flag from Day 1 activities.

Later #1 Son brought me an article in Nintendo Power Magazine about Sean Kenney, artist and LEGO master. He had built a big Nintendo DSi. This Lego replicate of the DSi stands over 6 and half feet tall and weighs something like 250 lbs. The study directs you to view some of his art work featured at the zoo in Philadelphia. So, #1 Son really had been listening/participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment