Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another Book off the Book It 2010 list

"...if what we choose to do with our lives won't make a story meaningful, it won't make life meaningful either." Donald Miller

I read What I Learned While Editing My Life-A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller.This was on my top 5 books to read for 2010. This was a recommendation from Ali Edwards Blog. I loved it and this book also fit in with My One Little Word for 2010. My word was "Live" as I wanted to Live life to the fullest and really embrace things instead of backing away from difficult situations or challenges. This book is all about telling your story or creating your story. A while back I got this vinyl saying from Treasure of Memories Scrapbooking, " Make Your Life- A Story Worth Telling." This so fits with my one little word and this book was part of that journey too. I am reinventing my story too and making some different choices so I could really relate to Donald Miller. I want to live a good story. This is the kind of book that I find myself rethinking about during the odd moments of my life.

edited to add: this post is linked at Life as a Mom and her Book it 2010 Linky Party

3 comments:

  1. What a great quote, and some wonderful thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another title to go hunt down! Sounds interesting.... thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another title to go hunt down! Sounds interesting.... thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete