Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

Me - 32nd AADCOM Darmstadt, Germany
Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. - General Patton


Both I and my Husband served in the Army. We were both proud to serve our country. We were saddened by what happened at Fort Hood. There is so many that serve with honor and sacrifice and what that man did at Fort Hood was not honorable. It was an act of terrorism and at the very least murder. In a few days, SPC Aaron Aamot will be buried. He is from Custer, WA a town near mine.He died in Afghanistan on Nov 5. Tomorrow there will be a procession from the airport to my town. He was 22 years old. If that doesn't put Veteran's Day in prespective, then I don't know what does.If you want to honor a Veteran, send a prayer for all the victims and their families at Fort Hood, fly the flag, and thank a soldier for their service and sacrifice.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment