Thursday, January 12, 2023

Dead People Files Project


I have started a new tradition of choosing a birthday project or a yearlong project. Last year was 50 sunsets and sunrises.  I decided this year to choose a genealogy project.  I am calling it the Dead People Files. 

Goals

Research 13 ancestors and present that information on the blog. I will be using some of the 52 ancestors in 52-week writing prompts. Below is the start of the ancestors that I will for sure be researching. (4/15)

    Lulu Pearl Howard Liston (Hoyt/Liston Tree)

    John Lendman (Lendman Tree)

    Eliza Greene Perkins Doane (Hoyt/Liston Tree)

    John Christian Brenneman (Hoyt/Liston)

    Ida Shadwell Lendman (Lendman)

Do a DNA test on myself - I am interested in learning more about this

Improve my genealogy research - I plan on reading some genealogy books that are from the required reading list from the BYU and Boston University Genealogy programs. I think a good goal would be at least 3 books

Do one genealogy field trip? I think this might be open to interpretation

find a better way to share or present my genealogy research 

write better genealogy stories.

scan more photos and become more proficient in this  


No comments:

Post a Comment