Monday, June 15, 2020

What I Read June

I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. Check out what everyone is reading.

Reading this month has been a challenge. Our library has only doing e-books until June 8th. There was a considerable wait on most e-books as you can imagine.  I had a reading slump during most of this pandemic. I was ready to read again but availability was an issue as my main source of books is the public library.


This was written by a somewhat local author to me. Heather has done much hiking and has hiked the triple crown of long distance trails - Appalachian, Continental Divide, and Pacific Crest Trail. This book is about how she set the fastest time to hike the Pacific Crest Trail(60 days, 17 hours, 12 minute). I just find all the books about long distance hiking fascinating and I want to know what motivates someone to want to hike long distances and what they discover about themselves. Great Article in Outdoor about Heather 

I also wanted to highlight 2 other books that I read in the past that really influenced my views on racism and discrimination.


Just Mercy (My Review) This has been made into a movie and is streaming for free. The movie was excellent as well.

Evicted by Matthew Desmond (My Review)

Antiracist Reading List - This is quite the list. Personally I have more reading and learning to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment