Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Daily Roll St Patty's Edition

Writing you hunkered down in the Honeypot Bunker. Aren't Honeypots the definition of social distancing?Necessary but not a place to hang out long term with anyone.

What's For Dinner?
I had already decided last week how we would be eating on St Patty's Day. I pre shopped for this stuff last week thank goodness. It was suggested that we have cabbage rolls aka bierocks. I have a Frankenstein recipe I use so I won't be sharing. I use ground turkey instead of ground hamburger.I decided it would be fun to have pistachio bundt cake. After lunch half of cake was GONE! I won't be attempting so much from scratch cooking. I bit off more than I enjoyed but at least we ate well.

Project of the Day
Earlier this year I committed to writing some genealogy stuff in the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Project.. This past weeks prompt is LUCK. I am linking to my writing here. I wrote about my husband's grandfather. LINK HERE. This coming week's writing prompt is Popular.
Pappy Holding A 4 Leaf Clover
Ferndale WA

What Are My People Up To?

I took my oldest to the grocery store. We were getting low on perishables milk, eggs, and butter. It was a quick in and out. It was pretty much a ghost town. They didn't have much meat or canned goods. We shopped local! He is reviewing for his final for tomorrow. The final is online.

My youngest worked on some English homework and helped me complete a few things. He mowed! There was even some evening piano practice.


Art of Noticing Project

The dawn of a new day. I was the first up which is unusual in my house. I often capture the sunrise but the birds silhouetted was just a happy coincidence. Other Art of Noticing Projects can be found on Instagram under #aeartofnoticing.

***FULL DISCLOSURE I don't have it all together. Today had some hard moments. I live with a autistic person whose anxiety really ramps up sometimes.  I miss my husband who is gone for work. I know I signed up for this so I can't complain but I do miss him. Single parenting isn't for sissies and under these extremes is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment