Saturday, August 17, 2019

August Reading


Check out my reads for August. I am linking up at Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit. I am way late to this party but I just got to share my reads.


The Time in Between was on Modern Mrs Darcy's 20 Terrific Tomes to Read. Oh this didn't disappoint. I will admit it is a lot of pages BUT SO WORTH IT.  This is a great story about a Spanish Seamstress, Sira, and how she became a spy during WW 2 for the allies and the twists and turns her life takes. Of course there is romance, danger, and intrigue.


Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey is another Modern Mrs Darcy Recommends.  Maud is an elderly woman that is slowly losing her memory. She keeps lists stuck here and there to help her remember. She is convinced that her best friend Elizabeth is in trouble and missing. This has a twist I guess I really didn't seem coming. 


The Address by Fiona Davis - I found this book through Emily A Clark recommendation. I enjoyed this book about the female manager, Sara,  of the upscale Dakota apartment building in 1884 and the designer Bailey Camden in 1984 fresh from rehab remodeling her cousin's apartment at the Dakota. There is a mystery. I have been doing a lot of genealogical research and there is a tie in there too.

This book, The Confusion of Languages by Siobhan Fallon,  I devoured. It is about 2 very different women living in Jordan stationed there with their husbands who are attached to the US Embassy. Cassie,"Cassandra", who tries to do everything by the book and Margaret recently arrived with her child, Mather, who seems to be stumbling.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to look into The Confusion of Languages as I love fiction set in different countries and cultures than my own!

    Here are my recent reads: https://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2019/07/july-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete