Wednesday, March 15, 2017

What I Read March


I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy and her Quick Lit Linky. Please check out what everyone else is reading. I had a sad reading month clocking in with exactly one book. This is sadness, folks


I read Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea in one day.  I rarely have such a luxury but had a rare free afternoon and this was a compelling faster read.  As all readers know time to sit uninterrupted, that is a beautiful gift. Girls of Riyadh  follows 4 Saudi Woman and their relationships and love.  I think when we are from the western world the Saudi culture is foreign and hard to understand. I am fascinated by their culture and how relationships, love, and marriage work. In the thinking of Modern Mrs Darcy book flights, I think the books by Zoe Ferraris -  Finding Nouf, City of Veils, Kingdom of Strangers would make a great book flight with the Girls of Riyadh.

No comments:

Post a Comment