Wednesday, February 15, 2017

What I Read February


Book Read Printable from Starts at Eight
I am once again linking up to Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit.  Check out what everyone else is reading. I slowed down on my reading a bit but I had some interesting reads none the less.

I read Chip and JoAnna Gaines book, The Magnolia Story.



I really enjoyed it.  I keep bringing it up in conversations with my husband. Last month, I read Nicole Curtis's book, Better Than New (my review) You can't help but compare the two as both are passionate about old houses, risk taking, and flipping houses. I did enjoy The Magnolia Story more. I found myself discussing with my husband The Magnolia Story a lot.  I really admire Chip and Joanna Gaines. This is a good quick read.


The Sound of Gravel -This is a true story about Ruth who grew up in a Polygamous family.  Ruth was the 39th of 42 children by her father. Her biological father is murdered by another member of their church. Parts of this book are incredibly raw. There is sexual abuse by Ruth's step father.  The family moves between Mexico and the United States.  It is a childhood of hardship.  Eventually Ruth is able to essentially escape and begin a new life wtih her siblings. This is a fascinating and gripping story.

No comments:

Post a Comment