Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What I read September

*** I am linking up to Modern Mrs. Darcy's Quick Lit .  Check out what everyone else is reading.

It is Fall at last and my reading has picked up as the weather has cooled.  It also helped that we lost our electricity so I got lots of reading done.


I finally read Me Before You.  This should of come with a Kleenex warning. This has been on my to read list for quite a while. In part JoJo Moyes  based this on a true story.  This book is about euthanasia and I had known that from the outset I don't know if I would of read it.  I am glad I did.  The book made me think about that subject differently. The book is set to be made into a movie released spring of 2016.  The movie is to star Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin.



I also read One Plus One by JoJo Moyes as well.  This one to me took a bit to get into.  I loved the ending and the point about finding people own tribe. This is a book about a single mom just trying to get her daughter to a Math competition in hopes that she might win and attend private school. They take a remarkable quirky interesting road trip to get to this math competition.

Other books I enjoyed by JoJo Moyes

 The Girl left Behind - This is actually my favorite.
Last Letter From Your Lover

3 comments:

  1. I'm really curious . . . how did "Me Before You" change your way of thinking about euthanasia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough question - I would never choose to end my own life. I believe God has determined when and where I will die. But I have always asked God for a quick death. This book does not support that position at all. It did reinforce and opened my eyes to the issues that caretakers feel when their patients/family take the position to end their life. What do you do when a person you loves decides to make that decision? When human emotions become involved it is messy. It didn't change my own personal position on assisted suicide but how I perceived how those who surrounded those who made that kind of decision. In the end if you choose to take your own life that is between you and your maker. It isn't for me to judge.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving Jojo Moyes right now and I really liked Me Before You. Did you know the sequel is going to be released at the end of this month?! I just finished The Girl You Left Behind and I loved it. I actually picked it up thinking it was the sequel to Me Before You and I was disappointed to be wrong until I read it. I like that her stories push you to think about moral issues from an atypical perspective.

    ReplyDelete