Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hmmm, Un-Word of 2014

The Nester is doing an un-word for 2014. She and some other bloggers are having a linky party.

The UN-word is a word that you are rejecting for the new year. You would like to Un-Do it.

I have one little word for  2014 - Evolve.  I am a big fan of the one little word so my anti one little word for 2014 or un-word would be the opposite of evolve.  Of course my mind goes to combust but I am picking STUCK.  You can't evolve if you are STUCK.   I have actually had the quote below on my blog side bar FOREVER -

"You can’t make footprints in the sands of time if you’re sitting on your butt. And who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time?"- Bob Moawad

I think some people thinks it takes a monumental effort to get unstuck.  I have found that not necessarily true. I think if you make a little change or little effort it generates energy for movement.  Stuck is what I am avoiding this year -Stuck in my thoughts, Stuck in my rut of life, Stuck in not trying and taking risks.

Things that help me from getting stuck or how I un-stick myself

1. Play the game of "What is the worst thing that can happen?"

2. Get moving (physically) Get off the computer!  Get off your butt! When I am more active, my brain is clearer. 

3. Old military trick I have - I can do anything or almost anything for a set amount of time.  I use to say when I was doing the physical fitness test.  I can do this for 18 minutes.  Because after 18 minutes, I am done.  Sometime timelines are good. They push us to do the unpleasant task and sometimes after we are done we say, "That isn't too bad."  Sometimes 1 little unpleasant task stands in the way of a truly great opportunity.

4. Get Creative! When I am being creative, I am less likely to be stuck.  I take risks.  Sometimes the risks propel me forward.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment