Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ruler Wreath and a Challenge

I decided to partcipate in Nester's Wreath Challenge.  There are some really cool wreaths. I saw this lovely ruler wreath from Polka Dot Chair on Pinterest. So, 15 rules later this is what I ended up.


Unlike the original, the rulers are glued to a lip of a landscaping pot.  I cut lip off the pot with an exacto knife. I didn't want to go out and purchase a embroider hoop and didn't have a chance to run to Goodwill to look for a cheap one. I looked around my husbands garage and had an AHH moment.


I read the orginal post at wrong so I bought only 7 rulers at .59. Then I realized I need at least 7 or 8 more rulers to make my Ruler Wreath dream come true. As luck would have it ,Walgreens had wooden rulers on sale for .19.   Each ruler is cut in half and hot glued on the plastic 6 inch ring.

I embellishd with some newspaper flowers and legal paper flower repurposed from another wreath and made a red pipe cleaner flower. I think it still needs some kind of ribbon to cover the wreath hook.


I have a little wreath addiction. I cannot lie. So you might want to check out my snake wreath.


I also have a $5 Dollar Store Wreath I made. This is made with a lot of pipe cleaner flowers.

2 comments: