Sunday, June 5, 2011

Scottish Highland Games

I think I should of  labeled this post, " Kilts, Bagpipes, Drums, Dancers  OH MY."  Yesterday, we went to the Bellingham Scottish Highland Games.  It was the first time we had ever gone despite living here for 7 years.  This is a little more than I like to spend on a festival.  It is $13 for adults and $10 for kids.  I think that admission does cover the entire 3 days. We couldn't have asked for a better day - sunny and 70 degrees.  I loved the bands of bagpipes and drummers.  IT was awesome. My kids got to see their first Rugby game.  The kids also enjoyed searching for nessie eggs which were baby watermelons which turned in for prizes.  That was probably the highlight for them.  They just weren't in to this festival. I could of stayed all day listened to the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment