Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Booking It November 2010

I am joining Life as Mom's Linky Book it Party. Go check out what these amazing ladies are reading.

The past month has been slow reading month for me. I am still involved in the Beth Moore Bible Study on Daniel. It is really good and a good mind stretch for me as well. I feel like I am getting so much out of it.

In addition, I have pretty much finished, "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome" by Tony Attwood. I haven't shared that my oldest has been referred to the Children's Autism Clinic for a possible Diagnosis or Asperger's. I find this book very informative and explains things in a very compassionate way. I must admit that I am not a complete stranger to Asperger's Syndrome. I know a few people with Apserger's. This book is very readable. I really like the in depth look this takes and all the commentary from people with Asperger's in this book. It really explains some behaviors that I see in my son. Children's Hospital in Seattle recommends this book. The Tony Attwood book is a good guidebook for this journey we are embarking on.

Lastly my youngest and I just finished "My Mom the Pirate " by Jackie French. It was really good funny read. My hubby got so into it after reading one chapter to my son that he read the whole book that night. It was a good read aloud. The Mom in the book has some fabulous quotes, "No. Life isn't safe! One minute you can be safe on your ship,and next minute a typhoon can sweep you into the sea, or a sea monster swallows you whole. But while there's breathe in us and life, let's live it! And help others live it too!" The book reading level is probably late 1st grade beginning 2nd grade reading level. It is a chapter book.

No comments:

Post a Comment