Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kooza

Kooza is the name of one of Cirque de Soleil productions. We were gifted tickets by Nonna to go see this production with her, Pappy and her friend from California. It took place in Redmond at Marymoor Park on Friday. Below is a picture of where the big top or Grand Chapiteau was set up.

What an incredible gift it was. It was awesome performance. I felt myself smiling through the whole performance. My kids loved it. You completely forget it was taking place in a tent. The acrobatics were out this world. The things these people can do with their bodies is stunning and mind blowing. The clowns were outrageous and funny. I also loved the drum solo. One of our favorite performers were the guys doing the Wheel of Death. I was blown away by the sheer athleticism and strength these guys show. Seattle Child did a reveiw of Kooza and some of the humor is adult and a little on the bawdy side so you should be aware of that before you attend with children. The review goes into depth about what a parent might find offensive. It was completely over my 8 year olds head. My 11 year old did ask me about the referencing to humping that the clown made. So if any of that makes you uncomfortable don't take your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment