Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bad Kitty

Chuckles and I have been reading Bad Kitty Takes a Bath by Nick Bruell. It is cute and an early chapter book or a good read aloud. Chuckles has been able to read most of it by himself. We decided to do some cat art. Really meaning I decided we should do some art. Neither of my children are really into the art. I liked the idea here at Art with Mrs Smith. I found a coloring page and made a cat pattern on cardboard. Here is the result. I convinced Chuckles to give it a shot.
Of course, I gave it shot too.
This also led to collage or basically just cutting and pasting images on to paper.

Another good read out loud for K-2nd grade is The Diary of the Killer Cat by Anne Fine and Return of the Killer Cat by Anne Fine especially if your kid is into cat fiction. My post is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment