Sunday, January 24, 2010

French Seam Pillowcase

I have been wanting to try this for a while. I have very beginner sewing skills. This is pretty straight forward BUT I had to rip it all out once. The complete details are found here. I loved the visual details. This is also called a sausage pillowcase. Here is a link to a youtube video which was helpful as well. My body fabric was bigger as I used queen sized pillows. This is a project best done with out distractions. The one pictured above I made for #1 Son. The spider fabric was discounted clearance for $1.50 a yard and other was left over stuff from my fabric stash.

My youngest just cracked me up as I was doing this project. Chuckles told me he wants to sew just like me and could I teach him on his birthday. He told me it would be a cheap gift. That just made my day. I didn't heart to tell him at the time that I was ripping seams out because I messed up. Oh how, I wish they would stay sweet forever. I plan on making Chuckles a pillowcase next. Hopefully, I learned something from the first go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment