Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yikes Zucchini!

The JUMBO harvest so far minus a couple of zucchini's


I so blog lifted the title from a thread on 2 Peas in a Bucket. I think the saying is true, all you really need is one zucchini plant. Our plant is definitely a producer. So far, I have made zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini bread, and fried zucchini. My go to recipe for regular zucchini bread is found at all recipes. (here) On a whim, I decided to try making a chocolate zucchini bread recipe found in my MOPS cookbook. It turned out ugly but delicious. I tried the fried zucchini found on the two peas in the bucket link. It turned out pretty good.

It is funny how food triggers certain memories. I still remember my cousin discovering that my Grandma had left out the zucchini of her zucchini bread. Just for the record if you leave out the zucchini it doesn't turn out so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment