Friday, July 24, 2009

Squires Lake

The adventure van was on the move yesterday. We went to Squires Lake. It was quite the hike. The notes I found on the Internet said the first 1/4 mile was steep and man, it was. I think the word strenuous applies here. I huff and puffed the way up the side of the mountain. There was no way I was going to be shown up by the 4 year old Princess. The whole gang did great on the hike even the littlest one hung in there. I am really proud of them. We felt like billy goats but it was worth it! We won't speak of me sliding on my rear on the way back.

We also found a letterbox there too. Mrs Smarty pants saw a snake. The lake is really beautiful with lily pads and an abandoned beaver dam. Maybe next time we will make it up to the beaver pond.

I had camera problems and only managed to get a picture of some scat that we (Mrs Epi) thinks might be bear or cougar. I think there is a certain irony here. The pictures for this post will follow in a later post. I don't know what the tech is going to say when he finds the only picture on my camera is of poop. Lucky that I had my phone with that takes pictures. Mrs Smarty Pants if you are reading this I have no idea how to get these off of my phone - Help! I am a lot electronically challenge. Maybe it was a good idea that my hubby got the extended warranty on my camera. I wonder if I have insurance on my phone.

The most precious part (emphasis on PRECIOUS)of the trip was on the way back home. Mrs Epi was telling her son, Bones, that he couldn't play Star Wars in the van and she didn't want to hear anymore Star Wars talk. Without missing a beat, Chuckles, said, " THIS VAN SUCKS." Mrs Epi and I about passed out with laughter. I don't like the word "sucks" and I did tell him that wasn't polite. His timing however was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Dear H,
    to get the pictures off your phone hit the right button to go to options and hit email then enter ur email address and the pictures will come up on ur email. do this to every pictures you want to be emailed. it might cost a little extra to do this but it is worth for the pictures u and my mom got!

    sincerly,
    Ms. Smarty Pants

    ReplyDelete