Sunday, July 6, 2008

A New Purse

When I was browsing the magazines by MYSELF at the grocery store - what bliss, I found in one of the quilting magazines a really cute dish towel handbag. So, being the resourceful person I am, I realized the magazine is also at the library so on the way home. So, I stopped and made a copy of the pattern.(see below for the picture of original)It is so cute and looks pretty easy to make. It took me a little over an hour and I am not that skilled so it fits in the easy category for me. I love the outside pockets. I originally thought the most expensive part of the project would be the handles but in reality it was the dish towels. Total cost of the project was $12. The handles I got at JoAnn's with a 40% off coupon and a 4 pack of towels at Target was $9. So, $12 later and two extra dish towels above it what you get. I am sure I could of found cheaper dishtowels but this is what worked out for me. The pattern was taken from the magazine American Patchwork & Quilting August 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment