Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Growing

This Rhodie was planted by my front door for 3 years and it never bloomed. It grew and it didn't have any diseases but it never bloomed. I didn't even know what color the blooms were. Mrs Respiratory Therapist suggested that I move it to the back and lo and behold it bloomed. I think people are a lot like that, too. We can grow where we are but sometimes we need to move/change in order to bloom. Ali Edwards, coolest scrapbooker on the planet, had the following quote on her creative newsletter today and it bears repeating:
I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit. [ Dawna Markova ]
OK, enough of the deep thoughts. It is frying my brain. Back to my regularly scheduled dribble.

No comments:

Post a Comment