Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Chunk of Joy

I was inspired by an old post by Modern Mrs Darcy - The Bits and Chunks of Joy Joy is my one little word for 2019.  I told myself I would seek JOY. A friend asked me what I had planned for fun this summer. I had nothing. Truthfully this summer has been hard so I decided to remind myself of all the things that I think are fun. These are the things that bring me some JOY!


Books - always books

Research - I like to research things . Lately it has been a lot of my own ancestry.  I like being a genealogical detective. Ancestry had a sale on the 4th of July so I finally got a subscription. I had been going to the library to use ancestry library edition which is great except when you hot on a trail and have to make time to visit the library and not get distracted by the books. I know total first world problems.

Baking is my love language. I am a fat person so I get a lot of fat shaming for this but I do enjoy it. I wish I didn't love a carb.
Cherry Muffins

Exploring- I like to hike with others and I like to geocache. My oldest son and I have been trying to have fun Friday's. We went to see Toy Story 4 one Friday.  We went for donuts and a park.


Flowers - I have a small cut flower bed this summer. It makes me happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment