Friday, April 5, 2019

Autism Awareness Month


I spend a lot of time waiting for the bus at the transit center. My older son takes a bus to and from work. It takes a little over an hour each way for a 3 hour job that he does 4 days a week.  I am so incredibly proud of him.  He spent over a year consistently applying and interviewing for a paying job. We are talking hundred's of applications and a handful of interviews. This is his first paying job.  What does this have to do with Autism Awareness Month?  My son is on the autism spectrum.  He spreads awareness everywhere he goes.  He could use some more acceptance. Acceptance is an action and not passive tolerance. Acceptance means making the world a better more inclusive place. Oh couldn't the world use that for everyone? I wait at the transit center sometimes to remove the barrier of a long ride home. Happy Autism Acceptance month

No comments:

Post a Comment