Friday, February 1, 2019

What is Saving Me Right Now

I linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's What is Saving You.  Check out what is saving everyone else.

We have reached the half way point of winter. This is perhaps my most serious version of what is saving me that I have ever put out. It has been a stressful winter so far.

Savings Account
Our savings account literally saved us.  My husband was a working government furloughed worker.  I feel blessed that we had that cushion.  We literally had a no frills budget. We had enough to pay our bills. It was one thing that we had to stress about. I am thankful. I know thousands of workers didn't have that luxury.  That really sucks.  I feel grateful to my community how they stepped up to help.(food bank and many others)

Dave Ramsey and others such as Jessica at Life at Mom have talked about how to create Emergency Funds. One of the best adulting decisions we have made.

Pantry
My pantry saved us because of the above mentioned furlough.  My son said we won't starve.  We literally ate through our pantry.  It was a good exercise in cleaning out, too. There might have been some expired rice crispy treats. Hey, no one died.  Also who has 4 ham bones in their freezer and a turkey. Below is a excerpt is of my furlough diary. Designed in Project Life App.

Humor
Eclectic_twist on instagram  posted a joke that I literally sent to EVERYONE and it was the levity we needed to get through the day. The joke is kinda inappropriate so if swears aren't your thing don't look up the punch line - What do you call a constipated detective?

Unexpected Bloom

We had an unexpected mild January here in the Pacific Northwest.  I still have a few calendulas blooming.  It was a bright spot in a rather dark gloomy winter.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a full pantry and emergency fun to help with the furlough. I can't imagine how stressful that still was.

    ReplyDelete