Monday, December 31, 2018

One Little Word and the Universe

I don't usually document much of my journey with One Little Word.  One Little Word is an invention of Ali Edwards.  Each year you choose a word to define your year.  I chose Clarity for my word.  I felt like my world had become a little muddy.  I had lost the big picture on a number of fronts.  Well, if you ask for the universe for clarity it provides it. So, here is my end of the year one little word update.

My first AH HA.  " IF you don't Track it, YOU can't change it"   So I have a number of goals I am tracking more in depth.  For example, I keep track of my steps in a planner.  Yes, I know that fitbit does this as well but I needed to see it more in a graphic way.  I noticed in January I had three days when I didn't even make 5,000 step days.  So I resolved to have less under 5,000 days.  In February, I had 1 day less than 5,000 step days.  I  challenged myself in March to consistently walk 6,000 steps every darn day. I can say generally that I average 8000 consistently every day.


Secondly, is the phrase " Begin with the end in mind".  I had lost track of what I was actually trying to accomplish.  The details and drama had derailed me from what the end goal was.  I am responsible for several people's well being and it is so easy to forget what the end game is.  The end game is for them to be responsible for THEMSELVES. This goal was in the forefront at the beginning of the year as I had a student driver. It took him longer than expected to get his license but he did it. We all survived

Loss
If death doesn't put things in perspective I don't know what does.  The loss of Pappy this year was bittersweet. Pappy was an amazing person.  He will be missed. He lived a full to the brim 98 years. There are no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment