Thursday, September 14, 2017

What I Read September


I am linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit.  Check out what everyone else is reading!

I took Modern Mrs Darcy's Reading Personality Quiz and one of the books Recommended was Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan.


I loved it.  The Setting is an Island in Scotland.  It is the perfect escape novel. Flora works in London after fleeing her home in Scotland is sent back on a special assignment for her boss. Of course, there is family drama and romance.


Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

I thought this was a really thought provoking book. I guess it was my nerdy read of the fall.  If you have ever wondered what makes people successful, this book is for you.   There is stuff about when the best hockey players are born, why the Beattles became famous, and if valedictorians go on to be successful. All this and more is explored in this book. I kinda geek out on that kind of stuff. Gladwell presents the information in a accessible way.  I kept reading parts out aloud to my husband. This is the first book that the Seahawks Micheal Bennett picked for their book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment