We have all this shot up target wood laying around which we use to make our matchstick frames. I had a spot in my entry way that needed something. So I was discussing this with my husband and this is what we came up with.
|Everyone Admiring their Work|
I cut out a half circle out of cardboard to help with the layout.
Then I went through our wood pile. We used gray shot up wood for the base beams and lighter wood for the in-between beams. My husband made a little jig to help in getting the miter just right for each beam. He also ended up cutting a much smaller half circle out of plywood to attach the sun beams to. The beams were glue and brad nailed to the base. I love the roached wood.