Thursday, July 1, 2010

We be Jamming


We went and picked strawberries at Boxx Berry Farm. It is the end of the strawberry season. This is the first time we picked these. We ended up picking about 15lbs. I had no intention of picking that many. I wanted to pick enough for 1 batch of freezer jam and enough to go over some vanilla ice cream. **Note to self - picking strawberries goes incredibly fast. it was a good thing that most of this was ending up as jam. Children needed a little more instruction in picking not so ripe strawberries. I ended up slicing and flash freezing two cookie sheets full of strawberries. I cut some up for over ice cream that night. I made two batches of Jam. I made 2 batches of Jam gone bad now know as strawberry sauce for ice cream **Note to self -don't multi task while making jam. You can't Mc Gyver jam. IT won't set up. I ended up giving a bowl of strawberries to Mrs Respiratory Therapist and family because I just couldn't cut up another strawberry.***********BIG NOTE TO SELF - don't' do this the day you are packing for a big trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment