Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tearing Down the House


Have you taken your Christmas tree down and all your Christmas Decor? I don't know why tearing down the house reminds me of the song "Burning Down the House" by the Dave Matthews Band? Maybe because it seems easier to burn the stuff than put it away. (Just Kidding) I have learned a few things. Frankly, it is shocking that I actually have an organizational tip. I can tell my mother is laughing herself silly right now. All kidding aside, it really helps to put things away in an organized manner.

Old First Box or Box 1

I have a box 1 or first box I pull out first every year. I had to change it up a little this year but basically I put all my Christmas books, blank Christmas Cards, extra ornament hooks, Christmas music, and Christmas labels in this first box. I keep this box in my hall closet. I was really relieved to find blank Christmas Cards in this box as those little things can really run the budget up. This is also stuff that you don't want to go digging through a whole box of Christmas decor to find. As I was cleaning up stuff, I realized it was a also a good idea to purge a few items that haven't been used and put it into the donate pile.

Saving and Giving (WFMW) had a post on things that worked this Christmas and things she would like to do differently . It got me to thinking. I love doing the Lego Advent. The kids really enjoyed so I will do a advent calender of some type next year. I hosted Christmas and I thought all the making ahead of things really lowered the stress level. As always, I wish I did a better job of shopping ahead so I am going to work on that. I always have a hard time coming up with good teacher, friend, bus driver gifts, and friendship trinkets. I managed to find some really cute clearanced stuff at Rite Aid so I am all set on that. I also want us to slow down and really enjoy the reason of the season so I am going to work harder at that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment