Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkins and Books



The top picture is of all the pumpkins carved by the Daddies and Mommies at Chuckle's Preschool. The bottom picture is of Chuckle's pumpkin. Daddy is a master carver. I am going to be doing the carving duties on the other two pumpkins we have at home. The giant man child is out of town. It has been long time since I have attempted carving. Usually, I am not allowed sharp objects. It should be interesting. I promise to retain all my digits.
On another note, I just finished some great books. I am on a non fiction kick. I just finished Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez. This is an excellent read about an American who opened a Beauty School in Afghanistan. It is amazing how much oppression the woman in Afganistan live in. I love the American woman perspective . I also finished One Small Boat by Kathy Harrison and Another Place at the Table by her too. Those were real tear jerkers and a real eye opener about the foster care system.

No comments:

Post a Comment