Sunday, November 12, 2023

Weekly Roll

 Inappropriate Thoughts

Little known fact about me

Me and My AIT Drill Sergeant at Fort Jackson, SC

I was a 71L aka a highly trained killer typist in the Army. Don't all typists carry an M-16 and deploy a claymore? I served in the Army from 1990 - 1994.  I was more Private Benjamin and less GI Jane. I was part of HQ's 32nd AADCOM  (Darmstadt, Germany) and 11th Signal Battalion (Darmstadt, Germany) and HQ's 160th Battalion aka Night Stalkers (Fort Campbell, KY) and then I went into the National Guard for a year in Colorado. Post I did about 32nd AADCOM

I have no regrets joining the Army.  I learned a lot about myself. I grew up. I made mistakes and I made good friends.  It was an honor to serve. A lot that experience formed my beliefs about government both good and bad.

Unpopular Opinion

I don't mind growing old. Every year I turn older I think," Wow I made it another year. "

No comments:

Post a Comment