Sunday, April 2, 2023

Weekly Roll





Linky Love

Pistachio Cake - Didn't make it quite in time for St Patty's Day.  It was delicious non the less. I omitted the green food coloring. I am reminded how much I love Bundt cakes.

Back to One Meal A Day - Ending of SNAP Pandemic benefits. I think about this a lot because I have a SNAP recipient in my household. 

Giant Pacific Octopus Resuced - This is a place I visited Bay State Park in Washington State. Thank goodness a girl had the thought to keep pouring water on it.

Confusion as Man Finds 7ft Sarcophus Abandoned on Street  I would have confusion too. 


Neurographic Art - Found this through andrea.nelson.art. My sample is above. It is pretty relaxing

Stolen Smith Totem Pole

Deep Thoughts

The world seems like a scary place - school shootings etc


I got to attend a Zoom Author Meet Up with author of the book "Know My Name" Chanel Miller. It was a great opportunity.  I was moved by her book but also from the meet up.  She talked about how small gestures had such a big impact.  Specifically, when someone had the forethought to provide clothing to rape victims when their clothing was taken for forensic examination - Grateful Garments. Also, the day of her trial when she had to testify, and the barista said have a good day and the court reporter winked at her. I reminded to do a little good wherever you can. The gesture doesn't have to be huge it just has to be connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment