Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday Skate Park Church

 I have had this post written for a while now. In honor of Earth Day yesterday, I thought I would post.

The most unusual item we retrieved from 
the skate bowl.

I just call this church because it is something we do on Sunday.  We usually go to the skate park with my oldest son.  He does circles in the bowl and my husband, and I pick up trash. It started because there was trash in the bowl, and we needed to make it safe for my son.  It is also very boring to watch someone make circles in the skate bowl.  So, we expanded our area of clean up to the park.  We have TONGS!  There was a lady in my old neighborhood who would walk the whole hill with a trash bag and tongs.  She didn't do it for recognition. I think she wanted her walk to be productive.  I know us picking up the trash won't change the world. It just a small thing we can do.

One week we picked up SO many plastic caps. It was definitely over 30 caps.   I only comment on this because it seems like we go through phases where we pick up a certain item.  One week it was half full bottles or sauce packets.  


No comments:

Post a Comment