Wednesday, March 15, 2023

What I Read March

 I am joining with Modern Mrs Darcy's Quick Lit.  Check out what everyone else is reading.


The Guardians by John Grisham

I picked this up at the local library book sale.  This book features a lawyer/minister that works for a justice project trying to free his innocent client. This is typical John Grisham, but I do have to say there is one scene in the book in a old house attic that really creeped me out. I think I watch too many ghost shows. I thought this was a good book. 


Know My Name by Chanel Miller

This is my book club book. In so many ways this is an all too familiar heartbreaking tale of sexual assault. I got so much out of the discussion of the book. This is one book that needs to be discussed.  Something that was brought up in the discussion that 1 in 4 women are assaulted. So, chances are you know a woman who has been assaulted but also some who has assaulted a woman. I applaud Chanel for writing this book for the courage to speak out for victims everywhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment