Monday, February 1, 2021

What is Saving Me 2021

I am linking up to Modern Mrs Darcy's What is Saving Me? We are officially at the midpoint of winter. I have been doing this for a few years and I always notice it is the little things that are saving me.

 A NEW THRONE

Yes, I mean a new toilet in the master bathroom. Did you ever have something that annoyed you everyday and you kept saying to yourself it is not a big deal? Basically just "suck it up buttercup". Well our toilet was that. It just flushed poorly. So finally after 15 years we said enough is enough and got a power flush. It is amazing and it flushes properly. I am lucky to have a handy husband so this project was no big deal. I keep asking myself why we didn't do this sooner.

BIRDS


I do a lot of driving of my older son. It is a long story but basically he doesn't drive. He does ride public transportation for part of his day. I feel like I drive the same routes over and over. However along my route lately I have been noticing all the eagles and hawks. They are something I routinely look for. If I can stop, I take a picture. 

In October this hawk was hanging out by our house. I guess I am a very amateur birdwatcher 

Experimental Cooking

My husband and I have been doing some cooking together. We have tried some new things. One of your creations was thanks to my sister who gifted us a bigger waffle maker. We made chicken and waffles. The chicken was made in the air fryer.


Another of our cooking experiments was making sourdough pizza in our cast iron pans. They came out delicious.


A Project

I completed a creative project of hand making my valentine's. Loveland Colorado is my hometown and they have a valentine remailing program. Every year I remail valentine's from there. It is tradition. Most of the time the valentine's are homemade. This year's original valentine had a lot of coloring. Below is a sneak peak


It is always a good way to stretch my creative muscle. I think people enjoy receiving them. It is also nice to have a deadline. Details about remailing valentine's from Loveland CO can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. My parents got a new "throne". I was there last week to take my dad to a doctor appt and was shocked to notice it when I used it. They've needed a new one for years!

    ReplyDelete