Sunday, February 14, 2021

52 Ancestors - Valentine's Day

I have been participating in 52 ancestors challenge put on by Amy Johnson Crow . The prompts found here. Below is my take on the prompt Valentine's Day.

I have a personal connection to Valentine's Day as it is my parents wedding anniversary. They were married in Loveland Colorado on Valentine's Day at the First Baptist Church in Loveland. My Mom's veil caught on fire when she and my Dad were cutting the cake . It was a very memorable day. Below is a picture of them celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in 2020.


I love the description of my Mom's dress. She still has it and I love the daisies.




Loveland, Colorado is nicknamed the Sweetheart City. The have a huge valentine remailing program. Loveland is celebrating the 75th year of remailing valentine's in 2021. Below is the cachet from 1970. My sister had it framed for their 50th Anniversary



No comments:

Post a Comment