Thursday, February 25, 2021

52 Ancestors - Kitchen

 I am participating in 52 Ancestors in 52 weeks

My Grandmother, Marvel, had a tiny kitchen but it was packed full from the cupboards to the refrigerator.  She was resourceful and could make a full meal with what was on hand incase anyone stopped by. She was an awesome home cook. She frequently made up recipes or substitutions so rarely did you get the same dish made the same way.

I remember one summer when my cousin, Debi, was visiting and my Grandma was in the process of making zucchini bread. She must have been interrupted because my cousin discovered the zucchini shred in the colander in the sink and the bread already baked. To my memory, it still turned out good. I don't have her zucchini bread recipe. 

Below are some recipes my Grandmother contributed to a church cookbook - First Baptist Church, Loveland, Colorado 





No comments:

Post a Comment