Sunday, October 2, 2022

Weekly Roll

 


                                                               Doodle by my youngest

Linky Love

Bizarre Flight Experience - I was on a plane last weekend and I saw some interesting things in the airport but not on the plane. My friend saw a wizard with a full wand in the airport, but nothing tops this in-flight experience.


Lots of talk of banana bread from my mom and nephew. Led to my son making banana bread.  It is fall you all. The recipe above is my go-to for one loaf. However, one loaf is never enough.

Just Thoughts or Maybe Slightly Inappropriate


I am seriously glad she didn't drop that flute. Just saying. I don't think the clip shows at the end Lizzo says, "History is Freaking Cool". The crystal flute was given to President James Madison by the French. It was created by Claude Laurent. Lizzo is the first to play it most likely. The flute was saved by Dolley Madison when the British attacked in 1814.  On a deeper level, this intersects in history with presidential history, slavery, 3/5 comprise, flute culture (it's a thing, right), and current popular culture. 


The meme above was shared on a friend's Facebook. 

Deep Thoughts


          quote by Mary Oliver - I had this posted by my desk at my previous house-sunrise by husband

I attended a funeral the previous week. It puts things into perspective.  How do we live a good life? What is a measure of a life? How do we use the time given to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment