Friday, October 7, 2022

Friday Fun Day - Carlsbad Caverns


Last Friday, we visited Carlsbad Caverns.  This was probably our first official Friday Fun Day since moving to New Mexico. Friday Fun Days are something that was started by my oldest son's transition teacher. We try to do something interesting and fun on Friday's.  You all know I can't resist a cut out.


We decided to walk in via the natural entrance. I think my youngest and I regretted that. It is very strenuous even though you go downhill. 


I loved how unbusy it was. We didn't see hardly anyone until we arrived at the Big Room. They were smart and took the elevator.

This could have been an expensive outing, but I am lucky enough to have a National Park Veteran's Pass. So other than the $3 for a reservation, the entry fee was free for the 3 of us.


We enjoyed our time, but we got out in time to eat our packed lunch and enjoy the view. Next time it is the elevator for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment