Sunday, October 17, 2021

Weekly Roll- Need a Light and One Eye Bandit


Linky Love

Best Frozen Ravoli Brands - this is my go to for quick supper. 

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - old post but one of my favorite cookies

Inappropriate Thoughts

I fully intended to share something else in this space but this week has been odd.  So all my inappropriate thoughts are how I am not cut out to be adulting.  

Tuesday we had a power outage. It was in the dark early morning hours. It was not a good way to start our Tuesday parading as a Monday.  I couldn't find our lantern so we were using our phone flashlights. Power outages seem to happen here especially in the fall and winter frequently. We get a lot of rain and wind. I have an emergency radio and usually a lantern as part of our emergency preparedness kit.  Luckily the outage was about 20 minutes. Last week my friend lost her power for 3 days I think.  That is all I could think about is how screwed I would be if  that was the case.  I ask the adult children where the light could be, crickets. So I attempt to buy a light at Walmart.  ALL of the camping gear flashlights included are now in locked glass cases.  Have you ever tried to find a Walmart employee?   Later this week I was at Costco and they had LED lanterns - 2 pack for about $20. I snatched those up. They weren't locked up.

My son told me last week.  I had a headlight out.  I thought he was mistaken.  It was indeed the case so I needed an oil change so I went to a quick lube type place and they offered to put in a new headlight bulb.  Well, apparently in my car you need to unscrew the whole front end . The Quick Lube guys just kept unscrewing stuff and gave up.  Sorry guys, who knew it would be a project.  I did get an oil change so that was a win. So I called a dealership and they asked me if I attempted it myself - ha ha.  I said that is a BIG no thank you.  They can't get me in until next week and apparently it will take a hour to complete the job.  So just call me the one eyed bandit.  That is how I roll. 

I would like to lower the adulting level please.

Sourdough Update


I made the most delicious Pumpkin Sourdough Bread- Taste of Lizzy T.  It made two loaves and I froze one. It was gone in a flash

No comments:

Post a Comment