Monday, September 4, 2023

Wrapping up the Summer Bucket List

 


I was wondering if I completed anything from my list.  Summer Bucket List Post

MAKE ART

What surprised me the most is how much art I did make. Below is a sampling.

highlighter art




Read Books
I completed all my book club books plus some extras. I didn't make it to any Modern Mrs Darcy picks. Reviews on the books below are soon to come. 



Field Trip
I might be stretching the definition of this a bit.  My oldest and I visited Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell. Picture is from their aviation hanger.  They offer an A&P program.


We also tried to see the bats fly out of Carlsbad Caverns. The rain canceled the program, but we did get to see some rainbows.



We visited a few of the new murals in our town.






Aquatic Center
Well we only went once and only my oldest got in. It feels a lot like a middle school cruisin place. LOL

Grow Flowers



Yes, indeed I did that.  Happiness is flowers.


Library Programs

Interesting Genealogy program that led to an interesting discovery and discussion. View Post Here

Bake Treats

My youngest and I had a good time learning to make angel food cake, carrot cake without cinnamon, and baked many a cookie.  He is the first to suggest something to make.

Celebrate Birthday's

I am glad no one in my family reads this blog or I would have to take down this photo.  My Mom turned 80 and my Aunt 85.  My Mom is on the left in the striped shirt and my sister is in the middle and my aunt on the right. By the way, my aunt and mom didn't coordinate their outfits ahead of time.  This cracks me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment