Sunday, September 3, 2023

Weekly Roll

 
Peter Hurd Mural - Artesia Library
Artesia, NM

Linky Love

10 Years of the Peter Hurd Mural at Artesia Library - This is a stunning mural. The picture above is one I took.  The article from New Mexico Magazine - Putting the Art in Artesia This is a worthwhile read. 

New Mexico Man holds the record for largest Hibiscus flower - This is not too far from where I live, and I applaud him because it can't be easy to grow that kind of flower here.


 
Deep Thoughts


Last Sunday, I got to be part of a book club author zoom with Tara Westover the author of "Educated."  I was surprised how funny but also thoughtful she was.  Something she said was how she wrote this whole book trying to answer the question " Am I allowed to leave?" It sounds like she has done tremendous amount of therapy.  Here is my book review.  This was the 2nd time I read through the book. It is amazing that any of the Westover's survived their growing up. I did read the book differently as I knew I would be discussing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment