Monday, June 27, 2022

Moving Diaries - Tragic Backyard


Well the good news is we have a great big back yard. Bad news is it looks pretty tragic.  It is also full of this evil weed called goat head.  We can't let our dog out there.  So what needs to be done is number 1 we have to burn the whole yard.  Burning is one way you can rid the yard of goat heads.

 Enter torch and propane. I think my husband enjoyed this even though it was already quite warm. What man doesn't like to play with fire!


While we were at the local hardware store we spotted a sticker picker upper.  I asked the clerk if this worked. We are now the proud owners of a sticker picker upper.

My mom thinks the log pictured below looks like a elephant leg.I guess this was once a "Tree of Heaven". 



We have a lot of these volunteer Tree of Heaven growing along our fence line. A thinning needs to occur. It is the only actual green thing in our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment