Sunday, November 21, 2021

Weekly Roll - Flood Edition

 


The very minor flooding we had at the top of our hill at the playground.  I live in a county that was heavily flooded this past week.  I did not get any pictures other than around our neighborhood of the flooding.  We have a town in our county that was completely devastated. Our bridge that crosses the Nooksack river was shut down for a day and half.  Leaving very little ways to get into our small town. I didn't live here in 1990 when another historic flood happened.  I am grateful my house is high on a hill and I am heartened that so many people have stepped in to help those deeply effected by the flood. My youngest son helped bag sand on Monday of this past week. 

500 Residents  Displaced

Whatcom County Farmers Hit Hard by Extensive Flooding

Over 1,100 Volunteers Show Up

Aerial Photos of Flooding



No comments:

Post a Comment