Monday, November 29, 2021

Wood Salvage Snowflake aka the junk snowflake

I


Back in 2019! I came up with this idea and we made this JUNK Snowflake. I never got it hung that year and one of the spokes broke. Well I decided this past weekend to get it fixed and hung. I really love it but it is quite large.

I like unique and I like snowflakes at Christmas time. I also like salvaged wood.  I came up with an idea for a snowflake using salvaged spindles. Luckily I have an extremely talented Husband who helped me see my vision through.

The big chunky spindles we think were off of a piece of furniture maybe a coffee table. We found them at the ReStore Bellingham. This led to buying ever wood bead or cap I saw at Goodwill.  In the end I didn't have enough of those so I bought bags of wood beads at Hobby Lobby and a red wood garland. We also bought 50 wood cabinet knobs at Skagit Building Salvage. We drilled a hole through the entire knob.

The hub my husband created by using a hole saw on a piece of salvaged wood. The center is double board thick. The beads are threaded on dowels and inserted into the spindles.





No comments:

Post a Comment